Travelling to Benin Republic From Nigeria – All You Have to Know
If you’re planning to go to the Republic of Benin from Nigeria, this submit is for you. It would cowl every little thing you could learn about crossing one of many busiest borders in West Africa. It would additionally cowl the fee, the place to remain, locations to go to and so on. The Benin republic/Nigeria border is in a city known as Seme. The Nigeria Benin border is popularly known as the Seme Border.
In regards to the Republic of Benin
The Republic of Benin is likely one of the many nations that share a border with Nigeria. Different nations that share a border with Nigeria embrace Chad, Cameroun and Niger Republic. Benin Republic shares a border with Nigeria at Seme in Lagos State and round Idi Iroko in Ogun. Seme is a couple of minutes drive from Badagry. The nation was previously referred to as Dahomey. It was, nevertheless, renamed Benin in 1975.
The Capital of Benin Republic is in Port Novo. Nevertheless, the preferred metropolis in Benin Republic is Cotonou. It’s also the financial capital of Benin Republic. The nation was colonized by France. It acquired its independence on August 1, 1960. The official language of the Republic of Benin is French.
The Republic of Benin is house to pristine seashores, strong tradition, wildlife, and delightful vacationer points of interest.
Necessities For visiting Benin Republic from Nigeria
For Nigerians planning on visiting Benin Republic, the next are the necessities:
- Nigerian Passport: Nigerians visiting Benin Republic should current their Worldwide Passport on the border. The Nigerian Worldwide Passports is a doc issued by the Nigerian Immigration Service.
- The Yellow Fever Card: The second requirement is the yellow Fever card. This yellow card is proof that you’ve obtained a dose of the yellow fever vaccine. The cardboard can be for holding information of vaccines required to go to different nations. You may solely journey after ten days of getting the dose.
Additionally Learn: How to Get A Yellow Fever Card
Vaccines To Take Earlier than Visiting Benin Republic
Make sure you take these two vaccines earlier than you go to Benin republic. If you don’t, you should have points with the Port well being on the border. If you go for the yellow fever vaccine, make sure you ask them for Meningitis too. They may most likely repair one other date for that. These are the 2 primary vaccines you could take earlier than visiting Benin Republic.
- Yellow fever vaccine: This vaccine is to guard you in opposition to yellow fever
- Meningitis Vaccines:
French is the official language. The opposite languages embrace Yoruba, Fon and a Gbe languages. These are the indigenous languages of the Republic of Benin. They’re all thought-about nationwide languages.
The official foreign money of the Republic of Benin is Cefa, additionally it is referred to as the West African CFA Franc. It comes within the following denomination.
Cash 1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 200
Notes: 500, 1000, 2000, 5000, 10,000, 20000
Easy methods to Get To the Republic of Benin By Seme Border
If you’re searching for stress-free entry. You will get a direct bus to the Republic of Benin from Lagos. These are some main transport firms that go to Benin Republic Efex, ABC transport, Chisco Group Transport and so on. They may deal with the border protocols, the stamping and so on. They provide air-conditioned buses.
Nevertheless, in case you are on a low price range or an adventurer like me, you possibly can resolve to do the stamping by yourself.
From Ikeja board a bus to Egbeda – 200 to 300 Naira
At Egbeda board one other bus to Iyana Iba – 300 Naira
From Iyana Iba board a bus or automobile to Badagry – 500 to 700 Naira
When you get to Badagry, get a bus going to Seme. Inform the motive force you’ll cease on the border. Please be aware they might scare you that stamping is tough, don’t thoughts them. Simply ignore and inform them to cease you on the border.
On the border, simply stroll straight into the complicated. Ask for the place to stamp, and do it your self.
When you stamp your passport, you’ll undergo one other set of routine checks by Port Well being who will ask on your yellow fever card.
Then one other routine examine by the NDLEA and customs.
Relying on the place you might be coming from, in case you are coming from the mainland round Ikeja and environs, you possibly can undergo Egbada, Iyana Iba axis. If you’re coming from Oshodi, you’ll have to undergo Mile
Crossing to the Seme Border
On the park, the motive force might attempt to cost you to cross the border, simply inform them to cease you on the border you’ll deal with the border protocols your self.
As soon as you might be approaching the border’s small gate, flash your Passport, it will grant you entry into the premises and typically it’s possible you’ll get questioned by the Immigration officers on responsibility. You may transfer to the purpose the place you possibly can stamp your passport.
To stamp your passport, you can be requested pay some cash. Effectively this shouldn’t be the case however it’s what it’s.
For virgin passports, you’ll pay 1,000 or extra relying in your negotiation energy and for already stamped passports, you’ll pay 500 Naira.
As soon as your passports have been stamped,
You’ll undergo the Port well being who will ask on your yellow fever card, then the customs who can even attempt to examine your baggage, then the NDLEA who can even examine for medicine and different forbidden substances,
As soon as you might be clear, you’ll transfer to the Benin aspect the place you’ll undergo one other examine.
Ideas If you get to Benin
- Perceive the Nation: The very first thing it’s best to do is to grasp the nation, their foreign money, trade charges and so on. You also needs to know some primary legal guidelines of the nation. Additionally, it’s best to familiarise your self with among the beliefs and tradition.
- Change your cash from naira to Cefa: The very first thing it’s best to do is to vary from Naira to Cefa. Please don’t depend on your ATM card. It could not work there attributable to CBN restrictions.
- Preserve Your Transport Fare: As a rule, guarantee you’ve the transport that can take you from the border to your own home saved individually. That is to keep away from spending your transport fare once you journey.
Please preserve your transport fare separate out of your different cash.
- Get a SIM card: Nigerian networks don’t work over there except you roam them. Nevertheless, the community firm will excessively once you make and obtain calls. Subsequently it’s possible you’ll must get a Benin SIM card. I’ll counsel both MTN or Airtel. When you get that, you possibly can load it up and activate web connections, it will prevent a number of stress.
- Get a Common Adapter: they use a distinct type of socket completely different from those now we have right here. You want to get a common adapter that can let you plug in your system. This is essential, it might be troublesome getting one when you step out of the border.
- Get an English talking driver: Search for an English talking driver to take you to your vacation spot. This may provide help to with the language barrier. If you will take one other bus after attending to your vacation spot, you might also inform the motive force that will help you out.
- Study primary Vocabulary: You need to study primary vocabulary like bonjour(good morning), Bonsoir (good night), Anglais (English). And so forth
Issues to Do at Benin Republic
- Benefit from the Road Meals: The very first thing you’ll discover once you go to Benin is the presence of avenue meals distributors in all places. Road meals is standard right here. Get adventurous and have a style of the road meals.
- Go to the Python Temple: The temple of the pythons has turn into one of many main vacationer points of interest in Benin Republic.
- The Slave Route: That is the journey to the unique slave route in Benin. You additionally get to see the door of no return. It’s the place the place slaves are shipped to Europe and different unknown locations, by no means to return once more.
- Go to the Nationwide Park: Benin Republic has a wealthy nature and wildlife expertise. A go to to the Nationwide parks will blow your thoughts.
- Attend a Pageant: The nation has a wealthy cultural heritage, it’s best to attend one among its cultural festivals.
- Go to the Seaside: Benin Republic is a coastal nation with completely different seashores. Benefit from the blue skies, the pristine seaside sand and the beauties of its stunning seashores.
The Price of Visiting Benin Republic
Transport to Badagry Between 1,000 to 2,000 (will depend on the place you keep in Lagos)
From Badagry to Seme 500 to 1,500 (Relies on whether or not you utilize a bus, automobile or bike)
Crossing on the Border (between 1,000 and a couple of,500) will depend on your negotiation energy and in case you are utilizing a virgin passport or an already stamped one
From Seme to Cotonou (1500 to 2,500)
Whole – Between 4,500 and seven,000
Resorts In Benin Republic
Resorts are reasonably priced in Benin Republic, the price of a normal lodge in Benin varies from 6,000 Naira per night time to fifteen,000. Although there are dearer ones between 20,000 to 150,000 per night time.
Resorts in Benin Republic
- Le Jardin Secret
- Diaspora Auberge
- Lodge Dk
- Auberge de Grand Popo
- Lodge La Casa Cielo
- Lodge de la Diaspora
Vacationer Points of interest in Benin Republic
- There are such a lot of vacationer points of interest in Benin Republic
- Zinsou Basis Museum
- Pythons Temple
- Slave Highway
- Bab’s Dock
- Grand Popo
- Fidjirosse Seaside
- The Cotonou Littoral Monument
Variations Between Nigeria and Benin republic
Roads: Benin republic has much better roads than Nigeria can ever think about. All the foremost freeway are tarred. All through my keep, I didn’t encounter a single pothole within the locations I visited. This isn’t an exaggeration, all the foremost highways are tarred.
Facilities: They’ve primary facilities like good roads, avenue gentle, water and so on.
Improvement: When it comes to improvement, Nigeria is much extra developed than the Republic of Benin. It’s uncommon to see a brand new main development across the metropolis.
Information: Web Information is fairly costly right here within the Republic of Benin in comparison with Nigeria.
Highway indicators: There are highway indicators on each avenue, each freeway.
Driving: Driving right here is simply too sane that I used to be nearly freaking out. LOL.
Automobiles: There are extra unique vehicles in Nigeria than within the Republic of Benin. I hardly see the newest vehicles round.
Transportation: A lot of the residents personal bikes, bikes are one of many standard technique of transportation on this nation. It’s also quite common to see girls using bikes.